Every drink consumed by humans has its lows and highs depending on the levels of consumption. This includes soda and water. As such, the good and the bad of the two must be well understood. Anything consumed in excess can cause a myriad of problems and soda,water are no exceptions.
Advantages of drinking water
• Water is good especially when taken as the first thing in the morning. It is known to stimulate the brain and wake people up.
• It is also good for controlling hunger and eventually leads to weight loss. If taken at least twenty minutes before eating, it makes the stomach feel full as the chilliness shrinks the stomach.
• Drinking water is the secret behind having crystal clear and soft skin as it flushes out all impurities and toxins from the body.
Disadvantages of drinking water
• Many people live under this misconception that drinking water if good for their health, however, taking too much of it can be harmful to the body.
• Over drinking water can be problematic to individuals suffering from heat stress.
• If taken just before going to bed, water tends to interrupt sleep as one has to wake up several times to empty the bladder.
• It is also not good for individuals suffering from high blood pressure or swelling of lower legs. Likewise, those who have just undergone kidney transplant should avoid excessive intake of water.
Advantages of soda
• Soda is convenient and this is the most addictive part about it. This is what many would grab when in a hurry.
• It is tasty- Taste could be one of the major reasons people drink soda, it is very sweet and can easily be taken with any type of meal.
Disadvantages of drinking soda
• Soda works against weight loss and promotes lifestyle diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
• It corrodes and dissolves tooth enamel.
• Consumption of soda is also known to increase the risk of developing osteoporosis due to its high levels of phosphates.
It is clear that water is the first thing anyone could suggest if you want to have a healthy skin, mind and body. It is actually the best treatment for many kinds of disease but people ought to take caution when it comes to when to take and how much to drink. So soda or water, the good and bad has been laid bare, the choice is personal.